Thank you for expressing an interest in working for AlphaGraphics, please click on a vacancy to view more information.
Variable Data Programmer
Job Title: Variable Data Programmer
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Job Type: Full Time
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
The Data Programmer will be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of data processing briefs. You will manipulate, sort and cleanse data to ensure that Direct Mail / Transactional campaigns are delivered with high quality and accuracy.
Responsibilities also include generating and checking final client sign off samples and all the associated QC paperwork required to pass the PDF output to the Digital department, who are running both Xerox Nuvera and HP Indigos.
Education and Experience:
2+ years of experience as a Direct Mail / Transactional DP Programmer; working knowledge in a Commercial Printing, Mailing, and/or Fulfilment environment.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of data files and data processing principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign.
- Familiar with postal requirements and related sortation software.
- Knowledge of VBA/.NET programming languages.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Aptitude for accurately manipulating large amounts of data, a high level of attention to detail, and a passion for organisation and accuracy.
- Responsible, detailed oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Available to work some overtime – both week days and weekends.
- Knowledge of database management including MSSQL and Microsoft Access.
- A working knowledge of File Based MRDF creation for Pitney Bowes devices.
- Experience of Xerox FreeFlow VI (VIPP), industry standard sortation software.
- Familiarity of Royal Mail MailMark standards.
Please send a CV to Anita Bosomworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will aim to reply to your application within two weeks. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. We hope you will understand.
Litho Press Operator
A position has become available in our Pressroom. We are looking for someone who has experience, is eager to learn and a keen enthusiast. Specific press training will be given, as required. The role involves working within the Litho department operating our Heidelberg, Ryobi and Whitacre presses.Key Duties:
- Set up, make ready and operate litho presses as required
- To read and understand job bags in order to produce the required quality of work
- To ensure that the correct colour match is achieved on each production run
- Run to a high level of efficiency and operating speed
- To ensure the highest standard of housekeeping at all times and to maintain cleaning schedules and complete hand-over & servicing records
- Ensure that all machine faults, problems and breakdowns are reported in a timely manner
- Comply with Health & Safety practices at all times
- Experience of using Heidelberg presses is desirable
- Knowledge of Colour Measurement procedures
- Ability to manage own workload and meet customer deliveries
- Ability to work both as part of a team and unsupervised
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Experience of the print industry and processes
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
Alternating double day shifts, Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please send a covering letter and CV to Peter Groves at email@example.com by Friday 30th June 2017.
(Working a triple shift pattern across a 24/5 operation)
We are looking for a Shift Supervisor to manage the production staff and to ensure quality and productivity targets are met, along with customer deadlines.
As a fast paced, bespoke manufacturing business, we work to very tight deadlines; this role is best suited to someone that has experience of working in a bespoke manufacturing environment and who has previous experience of working within a print/bindery role; however, we will consider exceptional candidates who have worked outside of the industry.
This is a very hands on role and you will be expected to be working in the production environment as well as carrying out duties of the Supervisor as listed below:Job Profile:
- Managing skilled and semi-skilled machine operators
- Planning resources to match demand and customer deadlines
- Monitoring jobs through production and rescheduling to meet customer SLAs and deadlines
- Liaising with sales, supervisors, warehouse and technical departments
- Developing and maintaining operator training programmes
- Agreeing and maintaining maintenance schedules
- Improve productivity
- Dealing with Return to Work Interviews, quality/process non-conformances and disciplinary
- Must be highly organised, structured and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst keeping a calm, level-headed approach
- Good decision making skills, ability to delegate and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Leadership, motivational and team working abilities
- Good spoken and written communication skills along with strong IT Skills – word, excel and bespoke MIS
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please send a covering letter and CV to Neil Leck at firstname.lastname@example.org