Job Title: Account Director
Responsible to: Client Service Director
Location: Middlesbrough / Newcastle / Nottingham
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
We’re looking for an Account Director to work from any or our locations with strong client and project management skills. The role is available due to new opportunities and an exciting sales process progression.
We’re a creative thinking design, digital print, direct mail, display print and marketing company (we have also recently invested in a digital marketing agency). We have many testimonials to be proud of from our clients and we always go the extra mile to ensure they achieve the results they need; whether we’re going beyond the call of duty to help with a tight deadline or providing a first class service and high quality output driving ROI. We are award winning specialists and one of the UK’s leading exponents in personalised cross media marketing.
You will enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you will have the opportunity to make an impact using your strong planning and organisation skills.
You will be liaising with clients and managing their projects working with our internal team members, our marketing and creative teams, production and warehouse personnel, making sure jobs and projects deliver on time, exceeding customer expectations.
As Account Director you will be responsible for working alongside the Market Director and the internal support team to deliver a cost and sales budget with exceptional, innovative, right-first-time service to the client.
You will provide both strategic and operational leadership to the support team and you will actively promote the full AlphaGraphics service offering to deliver continuous improvement initiatives and develop our accounts.
You will have the passion, energy and drive to deliver business objectives, coupled with strong influencing and nurturing skills that inspire others to do the same.
Some Key Responsibilities:
1. Management and development of our current client base to deliver budgeted sales growth and on-going performance.
2. Business development within our current client base – also the requirement to develop business outside of the existing base alongside the Market Director.
3. Co-ordination and management of the support team.
4. Ensuring the support and production teams are providing advice, assistance and solutions to customers on products, services, design and production methods.
5. Building and maintaining a positive working relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers, both internally and externally.
6. Optimise the commercial arrangements with our customers to ensure maximum added value.
7. Supporting business development with the Market Director, and marketing activities to achieve company-wide goals
8. Build and develop relationships to ensure client retention and repeatable business by demonstrating an understanding of clients business priorities and dynamics to help them be successful
9. Ownership of projects (and problems), driving through to completion.
10. Ensuring the customer journey with us is an excellent one!
11. Developing and maintaining a full understanding of the immediate and extended business offering.
Desired Skills and Experience of Candidates:
1. Strong print knowledge (a minimum of 3 years would be good).
2. Consultative sales and business development skills are very important.
3. Experience of managing multi-channel campaigns would be ideal, with also some experience of direct mail or large format production.
4. Excellent IT skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel) – plus excellent level of numeracy and literacy.
5. You must be a team player with a strong positive work ethic.
6. Strong time management & project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
7. Good problem solving skills, especially under pressure.
8. Exceptional communication skills (at all levels) with the ability to inspire confidence in our clients.
9. Ability to scope, plan and execute project work.
10. Assertive attitude to price negotiation.
11. Being able to build great relationships with and inspire complete confidence in key contacts.
12. Most of all, you must be a self-starter.
E-mail your CV and a covering letter to Caroline Bell: email@example.com
We will aim to reply to your application within two weeks. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted – we hope you understand.
If you are interested and would like to know more about this vacancy please speak to
Caroline Bell on 01642 525 100 or visit our websites www.agnortheast.com and www.venturestream.co.uk